Spring/Summer Shoe Roundup

Spring & Summer Shoe Picks

Roundup of All the Best Styles for the upcoming Season


Shoes and accessories were the least of my focus when I really started getting into fashion/blogging. I never realized they totally make or break any outfit.

Being pregnant, this summer I am not entirely sure where my body is going to exactly be at. With that being said committing to buying clothing pieces for the future is not exactly ideal. One thing I can buy that I know will fit me are all the spring/summer style shoes, and this year the styles are adorable. The beauty of shoes is that I can throw them on with a white tee and jeans and totally dress up an outfit, or throw on another pair with a cute summer dress and make it look way more casual. They have the ability to change the whole look you are going for.

I am sharing my top picks for the upcoming season. I have all different styles matched with all different price ranges to satisfy anyone's shoe preference and what they are willing to spend. I also am sharing how I would pair some of these pieces with simple things I already have in my wardrobe! 

First Category: Block Heels 

1. Multi-Strap Buckled Ankle Chunky Heel in Yellow ($20). I love that this is such an accent piece. I am a very neutral person and will usually cycle between a white, tan, or black shirt and some jeans. That is where these shoes come in handy, you can pair them with any neutral piece and they will make the outfit totally pop. I would probably try and pair some yellow earrings with them to really tie the outfit together. 

2. Metal Decor Block Heeled Loafer Mules (Only $22). Bold choice to choose a close-toed shoe for spring/summer but they are white and have an open back, so you will get the best use out of them in the summer. These I saw and immediately envisioned with some boyfriend jeans like these from Abercrombie (definitely getting these once I can fit into jeans again.) Pair all of that with a white linen button up like this from Lulus and some gold chunky jewelry. I could see me wearing this whole look out almost every weekend if I am being completely honest.

3. Nude Vegan Suede Ankle Strap Heels ($33). In my opinion, everyone needs a pair of nude block heels. You can legitimately wear them with anything and they dress up a look in an instant. You can pair them with the same look from the shoes above, or you can pair them with an simple white summer dress like this from Princess Polly - the options are endless. 

4. Bruna Heels in Mocha Leather ($120). I love the idea of these, they look like a simple brown leather flipflop, but they have a block heel and you get some height. I think this is genius and if you aren't into anything too crazy, these are so simple yet totally dress up an outfit with the heel. With  these shoes, I am thinking some high-waisted shorts like the Levi's 501 style (I size up because I love an over sized look with my denim), a bodysuit like this white one shoulder one from Princess Polly, and a hat to spice up the outfit: my go-to hat currently is the Seaside Boater from Lack of Color.

Second Category: Sneakers 

1. Reebok UO Exclusive Club C Double Sneaker ($80). Everyone needs a good white tennis shoe if you ask me. My favorite is to pair these with maxi dresses. Also I love when my sneakers can give me a little bit of height, so every sneaker you will see has a bit of a platform or extra height to them. I would pair this Reebok's with a maxi dress like this also from Urban Outfitters. You can checkout with a full outfit that is totally effortless but looks so put together. For a chilly Spring/Summer night, pair it with a denim jacket like this from Urban Outfitters as well.

2. Trail to Cove Espadrille Chuck Taylor All Star ($70). I absolutely love this take on a simple pair of Converse. Not only are they platform, but the espadrille aspect of them makes them perfect for the summer season. They look totally unique and my Converse have always been a trusty piece in my wardrobe. Again with these you could do a cute summer dress or a pair of shorts and a tee - either way your look is immediately elevated with these sneakers.

3. Windsor Smith Carte Sneaker White ($112). Yes, I know the chunky "dad" sneakers are not for everyone, but I think they are super flattering and on trend. My go-to way of styling them is with a pair of biker shorts like these from Nordstrom and an over-sized graphic tee like this from Urban Outfitters (they have the best over-sized graphic tees in my opinion). The perfect "I don't feel like getting dressed today" look that still makes you look put together.

4. Nike Air Force 1 Sage Low ($100). First of all I love this soft blush color, it strays away from the typical white Air Force 1's that you see everywhere. I think these go so perfect with any kind of lounge set like this or this one, both from Lulus. Comfort and socially acceptable is always a yes from me.

Third Category: Platform Sandals

1. Therapy Sable Platforms ($49) . These are literally a dream summer sandal in my opinion. So neutral that you can literally pair with anything, yet will dress up any outfit. I would pair these with basically any type of simple jean/shirt combo, but also with this adorable playsuit that is also from Princess Polly - easily checkout with a full on ideal summer outfit. Also can I just say, sizing up two sizes in this, this romper looks so postpartum friendly I immediately added it to my cart with the sandals, I am so excited to wear this legitimately EVERYWHERE.

2. O'Ahu 2 Leopard Print Espadrille Platforms ($27). Love a good accent piece and these are exactly it. Pair with a cute black top like this smocked ruffle cami also from Lulus and a pair of jeans or shorts. A perfect casual night out outfit for the warm days ahead. You can really spice it up with this cute hair accessory from Lulus as well.

3. Mary Kate Flatform Sandals - Black Patent ($138). Talk about a major 90s vibe with these shoes. Even these are a little outside my comfort zone, but I had to include them because I think they are so fun and would be even more fun to style in a funky way. I picked some cheaper clothing pieces to counteract the price of the shoes - so I would style these with a satin cami dress like this and some Thin Cat-Eye sunglasses, both from Forever 21. Top the look off with a mini shoulder bag like this from Free People and I feel you have such a unique look that channels 90s style.

4. Sunshine ($35). Last but certainly not least, are my favorite pair of platforms/flatforms I have found. Matisse Footwear has always been a top shoe brand for me, their price to quality ratio is unbeatable. These are such a summer staple. One way that I would style them would be a relaxed fit jumpsuit like this from Petal + Pup. So minimalistic and definitely my exact style.

Fourth Category: Flats

1. RAYE x House of Harlow 1960 Aspen Slide  ($158) - from Revolve. If you never heard of Revolve I highly recommend checking out their website. They carry a countless number of brands that are absolutely stunning. You can create a whole outfit on their website and each piece can be from a different brand. I have discovered some of my favorite brands through shopping through Revolve. With these adorable flats, I would pair them with the Free People Maggie Straight Jean (under $100) off of Revolve. These jeans are AMAZING fyi. I'd then add the Bobi brand Beach Gauze Strapless Top and a statement hair piece like this from Cult Gaia - both of these off of Revolve. Now you have an outfit, all from the same place - easy to checkout, but from multiple brands, giving you the opportunity to find your new favorite brand!

2. Glamorous Wide Fit Flat Sandals ($32). I feel like by now you can tell I have a pretty distinct taste when it comes to shoes and these are just an added addition to ones I am obsessed with - and super affordable. I envision these sandals with  khaki pants like these from ASTR the Label and this white bodysuit from Nasty Gal. Add some dainty gold jewelry and I think you have such a classy and simple look.

3. Point Toe Woven Flat Mules ($19). These are a must have in your closet. I wore these all last summer and because I wore them with almost everything, I repurchased a new pair for this upcoming summer. They are by far the most versatile piece I own and you can pair them with SO MUCH. I found that I tend to slip mine on when I wore some high-waisted shorts and a graphic tee, which is basically what I wear everyday. Here are an option for shorts: Topshop Mom Denim Shorts  and this graphic tee from Forever 21.

4. Therapy Bermuda Flats ($50.40 - on sale). These are some of the most unique and summer appropriate sandals I have stumbled upon. I love the "rope" look to them. I consider these a major statement piece and even a conversation starter - that is how unique they are. Pair these with this white dress from Billabong and this seashell claw clip from Urban Outfitters, you are ready for a sunset boat ride or just a night out in the summer. I definitely believe this is as beachy of a look as you can get.


So that is my spring/summer shoe lineup! I loved being able to share not only my top picks for shoes but also creating some outfits so it is easier to visualize how exactly you can style these pieces.

Besides everything being linked throughout this blog post, if you need a quick reference, I linked most of the shoes on my LikeToKnowIt as well as some similar alternatives for those I was unable to link - which just gives more shoe options for you guys to check out!






Thanks so much for checking out my blog as always - let me know if you found your new summer shoes in the comments or on any of my socials linked below - excited to hear some opinions!

Personal Links:
Instagram: @isabellarodier
Pinterest: Isabella Rodier
Twitter: @isabellarodier
LikeToKnowIt: IsabellaRodier 

Business Inquiries: email me at ikrodier@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts