Styling Hats Tips

Hats Off To Spring 

How I Style Hats For Spring

It is no secret if you scroll through my Instagram, that I love to accessorize with hats. Even look at my home page of me on my blog, what a surprise - I am wearing a hat.

Where I live, it is not the norm to wear hats out, with the exception of the beach or maybe a baseball hat to a baseball game. It is sometimes really hard for me to step outside my comfort zone, yet I love how much a simple hat adds to an outfit. 

This Spring I have seen more and more stores, like Forever 21 + Urban Outfitters, offer more hat selections, which of course is just feeding into my addiction. My absolute favorite brand is Lack of Color. It is definitely on the pricier side, but such a great investment and the quality is truly unbeatable. My whole hat wish-list is strictly Lack of Color hats, but on the cheaper side, Forever 21 has some great alternatives, which is where I tend to buy mine. Also, pop into some smaller boutiques, they have some hidden gems and unique styles as well!

These are everyday looks I genuinely wear out if you need some styling ideas when it comes to hats. 

1. The Concert Look. I wore this specific outfit to 8123 Fest, a festival by my favorite band (The Maine) that took place in Phoenix, AZ. The hat I wore is from Lack of Color and is the perfect shade of a neutral brown, you can truly pair it with any color. The other accessory I wore was this perfect pair of sunglasses from DIFF eyewear. My pair is sold out so I linked a similar pair from DIFF here. I wore a black, scoop neck bodysuit, from Forever 2 paired with a cheetah slit skirt, from PrettyLittleThing. I decided to throw on some platform sneakers which are a great comfort essential for a festival. My pair is from H&M but they do not sell them anymore, so I found a similar (yet way cuter) pair from Converse.


2. Summer Beach Vibes: a floppy straw hat, beach coverup, bathing suit, and bare feet is my ideal look. I love the beach with all I got and I am fortunate to spend my weekends in the summer down the shore. For this look, my floppy hat is from J. Crew. A great way to spice of a simple hat is to throw a silk scarf around it, which is what I did (even though it is not pictured). My beach coverup is hand knit by my extremely talented mama. Her Etsy shop will be linked here - you are definitely going to want to pick up one of these cover-ups for the summer!
3.  Hat + Midi Skirt Combo: a personal favorite. I love this patterned midi from Spell. My exact skirt is no longer on the website, but they have the most beautifully designed +  great quality skirts. I love pairing graphic tees and chunky sweaters with my skirts as well.
For the graphic tee look: my shirt is from Forever 21 and shoes are from Target. The straw hat I am wearing is from Lack of Color. This style is called Wanderer Boater. 
For the sweater look: the same skirt from Spell + my adorable sweater is from Wooden Ships. They have the cutest and beachy light summer knits so I highly recommend checking them out! My hat is from Lack of Color..shocking! The style of this one is called The Frey.



4. Pastel + Minimalistic: This look I feel is a bit more classy and appropriate for a nicer occasion. This season I have really been diggin' pastels and neutrals, which is totally unlike me. For this look, my hat is The Frey style again from Lack of Color. This mock neck top is from Forever 21, I have linked a similar one here. The pants I am wearing I consider my "professional" attire, simply because my go-to is always ripped jeans and a tee. They are super affordable and work appropriate. They are from Old Navy.























5. Edgy Vibe: What a drastic difference from look #4. Yes, it is no surprise how much I love animal print, hats, and my Dr. Martens - so of course, I have an outfit dedicated to all 3. The hat I wore is from Free People. My cheetah romper (yes it is a romper, so ideal) is from Forever 21. It seems to be an ongoing trend that Forever 21 sells out of things I purchase to make linking it hard for myself, so I have linked something similar here. My Dr. Martens are the 1460 smooth boot style and I got mine off of Urban Outfitters. Also, how cute is that phone case from iDecoz?






So as you can see, although the hats are on the pricier side, I can change up a look with just rotating between basically 3 hats. They are great quality and truly are my favorite accessory for mostly any occasion. It can be intimidating, but there is nothing I love more than stepping outside my comfort zone with fashion!

I have also linked all my clothes down below by outfit.

Thank you for giving my blog a read as always :)


Outfit Links:
Look 1: 
Sunglasses - DIFF eyewear 
Bodysuit - Forever 21
Cheetah Skirt - PrettyLittleThing
Tan Sneakers - Converse

Look 2:
Floppy Hat - J. Crew
Beach Coverup - Crushed Beans Knits Etsy

Look 3:
Midi Skirt - Spell
Graphic Tee - Forever 21
Tassel Flats - Target 
Straw Hat - Lack of Color
Chill Sweater - Wooden Ships
Hat - Lack of Color

Look 4:
Hat - Lack of Color
Mock Neck Top - Forever 21
Pinstripe Pants - Old Navy 

Look 5:
Hat - Free People
Romper - Boohoo
Dr. Martens - Urban Outfitters 
Snakeskin Phone Case - iDecoz

Social Links:
Instagram: @isabellarodier
Twitter: @isabellarodier
Pinterest: Isabella Rodier

Email: ikrodier@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Buy Instagram Followers Australia
    What’s up, its fastidious paragraph regarding media print, we all be aware of media is a impressive source of facts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts