Nursery Reveal

Baby Boy’s Nursery Reveal

How I Decorated His Little Sanctuary:


I have been dying to share how I decided to decorate the nursery / figure out a theme I would be happy with! As much as I have loved decorating our apartment, I have definitely put the most effort and had the most fun with the nursery. I will say I give interior decorators major props, it takes serious art and skill to decorate a space! 

I have made sure to link everything we purchased throughout the blog post and will also be linking it all on my LikeToKnowIt under a nursery post to easily shop from. If things are sold out/purchased years ago, I’ll be sure to link similar options. 

Hope you enjoy and let me know your thoughts on how it came out! 

Starting off with the crib, it feels like I picked this out years ago! It was the first baby item I picked out and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the crib I wanted for baby boy. We went with the Simmons Kids Slumbertime Monterey 4-in-1 Convertible Crib in the color Rustic White from Target. I love the color of it and the best part is that the crib converts to a toddler bed, daybed, and full size bed to grow with him. Definitely worth the price knowing you won’t have to buy “big kid beds” in the future.  



Staying with the theme of the crib, the first thing I picked out that solidified the theme of his nursery was the crib sheet. I was originally looking on amazon + target but wasn’t crazy about any of the gender neutral prints they had - mostly everything was gray and I can’t stand gray personally. I then stumbled upon these adorable Muslin crib sheets in the color Rainbow Sand from SPEARMINT LOVE. As soon as I saw them I could picture the nursery perfectly. We also added some solid color sand/tan crib sheets to our baby registry that were generously gifted to us! So even when we have to swap out sheets, the colors stay consistent. These are the two other crib sheets we have: American Baby Company in the color Ecru and the Joey & Joan Flannel Crib sheet in Beige (this will be his winter crib sheet sub since flannel is a warmer/thicker material. 



My favorite part of the nursery are the wall decals we got. Originally I wanted to do an accent wallpaper wall, but that gets really pricey. If this was a home we owned I definitely would have went with peel and stick wallpaper, but for an apartment I didn’t find the price to be worth it. I then stumbled upon these rainbow wall decals from Etsy (seller WhiteCornerDesigns). They arrived super quick, and although it is quite the process to get them up, they are amazing quality and can’t see them coming off the wall. I picked up 32 in the color ivory and 32 in the color stone. I wanted to get more than needed because I knew if I ran out I would be too lazy to order more. It ended up being way more than enough and I was able to do two accent walls: the one the crib is against and the one the changing table is against. For sure recommend wall decals for a cheaper alternative than the peel and stick wallpaper.



For inside the crib, we got a white fringe accent pillow from the Hearth & Hand with Magnolia line from Target. We also got this adorable throw blanket in white off of Amazon - another item from our registry that was so graciously gifted to us! He also has some stuffies in the crib waiting for him to snuggle once he’s old enough! 





On the wall opposite the changing table next to the crib, we have two floating shelves from Amazon. In these I just placed a stuffed animal, some milestone blocks, and books. I have a feeling I’ll be switching out what goes in these shelves but for now this is what I went with! They are a bit narrow so you can’t fit much, but for the amount of books little man has, they’re super beneficial to store some of them. 






For the changing table, we went with the one that matched our crib. It is the Monterey 4 Drawer Dresser/Changing table Combo in Rustic White. I love that not only is it our changing table but it is a dresser too and we definitely need the storage for little man. I got drawer organizers for some of the drawers that I felt necessary for certain items of his. I got these ones off Amazon. Definitely helps keep the drawers stay in order and think they are necessary.  Paired with this dresser I got this adorable accent rug from Target - it is from their Opal House brand which I am obsessed with. As for the changing pad itself, we just went with the L.A. Baby Contour Changing Pad from Target. The cover is from Amazon. We also have this one as a backup from Target which I love because of the little llamas on it!





Above the changing table area I included some prints and a mirror I felt tied the nursery together nicely. The two neutral prints are from Amazon and I got some affordable white frames for them from Amazon as well. The mirror is also from Amazon and was such a steal, such a great accent piece for cheap. Unfortunately the exact mirror we purchased is sold out but this one is extremely similar, from the same seller, and only $29.99. Everything looks like it was made for this wall which is my favorite part!




In the corner between the crib and changing table, I added this lamp with the most beautiful gold detailing from Amazon. It ties the mirror in perfectly with all the gold accents. Besides it being such an adorable piece, it lets off amazing light which is necessary since our apartment has no overhead lightning in the bedrooms. Right next to the lamp/changing table we also have our Diaper Genie - a staple I think everyone should have on their baby registry - but that’s a different post for another time! Lastly in this little corner, right next to the crib, I decided to put this cute wicker basket from Target filled with his swaddles. Current swaddles we have are linked on LikeToKnowIt. We love the Muslin ones for the summer because they’re so lightweight.


To add some color to a very neutral nursery, I included this fake plant from Hobby Lobby, the plant stand from Hobby Lobby as well although not available online. I linked this one here that would’ve went lovely with the nursery and also linked some other options on my LikeToKnowIt.


My personal favorite part of the nursery is his little wooden gym setup. I can’t wait to see him playing under there. This wooden gym was on our registry. The little wooden pieces hanging off are interchangeable - Etsy has some really cute options from wooden to knit toys to switch out I am going to order! The mat under the wooden gym brings in more color to the nursery which I love and is so soft and cute. The fox play mat is from Anthropologie - it is currently sold out but they have an adorable deer play mat that is still available.





Finally at the final corner of the nursery (for such a tiny room there is a lot to link)! The rocking chair we are using is actually the one my mom used in my nursery when I was a baby which is so beyond special to me. This means though unfortunately I don’t have a link. I’ll make sure to include on my LikeToKnowIt some rocking chairs I would’ve went with if we didn’t have this one! The blanket was also handed down to us so I cannot get an exact link, but it is originally from Pier 1. I got this hanging shelf from (you guessed it) Amazon. I command stripped it to the wall so it wasn’t swaying all over the place. The baskets on all three tiers of the shelf are from Amazon. In them I’m just keeping some miscellaneous toys, his mason jar of pacifiers, and just some random things I felt needed a space to go. Also on the shelf we have our baby monitor which we got from Target. I ordered a cord cover for it because I cannot stand the cord hanging down, so that’ll be added eventually



So there is our little mans space for now! Honestly super proud how it came out and worked with the space I was given. There was so much consideration and love put into this nursery because I just want him to feel so safe and loved in his space. As I add to the nursery I’ll be sure to include any new pieces! 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think of the nursery! 


Links

Instagram@isabellarodier 
PinterestIsabellaKRodier
LikeToKnowIt@isabellarodier
Twitter@isabellarodier

Comments

Popular Posts