Key West Travel Guide

The Key to My Heart

A trip to Key West


For my last college spring break, we decided to hit Key West. It was somewhat of a last minute decision, and I am so beyond happy we chose Key West. I am someone who absolutely loves to travel, so I do not like choosing to go to the same place twice since there is so much to see. With that being said, I am already trying to plan my next visit to Key West. It still somewhat seems like a dream to me, it was my ideal vacation. We had the perfect relaxation-to-activities balance.

First of all, our hotel was an absolute DREAM. We stayed at The Reach in Key West. They were so accommodating and the staff was some of the kindest people I have ever interacted with. Since we were there for my birthday, they decorated a cabana by the pool for us and checked in regularly throughout the day. Seriously made me feel extra loved on my 22nd! Our hotel room view was not only the pool but also the beach, ocean, palm trees - it was a picture perfect sight. Also, the hotel was only a couple blocks away from Duval street, where you can find all the live music, bars, coffee shops, and boutiques.

Every morning we woke up, we walked Duval street for a workout and a hunt for coffee. One of my many favorite parts of Key West was all the live music Each night we hit a bar to hear some music and grab some delicious drinks. Some of the bars we hit were The Bull, Caroline's, Irish Kevin's, and our personal favorite: Willie T's. In our short five day stay, we became such regulars there that some of the bartenders recognized us. I am still unsure if I am stoked by that or embarrassed, but either way the atmosphere, live music, and drink selection at Willie T's will be my favorite.

The pastel homes, riding around on mopeds and golf carts, bars, live music every night, and warm weather is more than enough to make me want to run away and live in Key West. If you ever have to opportunity to travel to Key West, I HIGHLY recommend staying at The Reach hotel. I had the time of my life and am already planning my next visit!























Comments

Popular Posts