A Weekend Away: New York Edition Pt.1

Boppin' Around Brooklyn

A Weekend Away: New York Edition Pt. 1

I truly cannot decide what kind of girl I am. By that I mean I love the ocean + beach, I love the mountains + camping, and I love the hustle + bustle of city life. I have traveled to New York a numerous amount of times but never stayed a night, let alone a weekend there. 

I finally got the opportunity to stay the weekend in Brooklyn and explore what it has to offer. I fell in love with being able to walk everywhere, whether it was a coffee shop in the morning, Prospect Park for an afternoon workout, or a bar at night. If the cost of living in New York wasn't so expensive, I probably would have packed my bags and moved there by now!

My favorite morning spot for coffee was definitely Seven Point Espresso on Washington Ave. It was only about an 8-minute walk from our Airbnb and it had delicious drink options. Not only did they have oat milk (my new obsession for my coffee and chai tea) but their almond milk was naturally sweetened with dates which gave it the most delicious taste! 
(Side note: I am not a fan of dates so that is how delicious this almond milk really was)
And to top it off, the inside is absolutely adorable + your drinks are served in mason jars, so if you are looking for an Instagrammable coffee spot - this is your place. 


For my favorite bar/night time spot, it was a hidden spot called Weather Up. Now I was only there for two nights, and both nights we ended up here. Now when I say hidden, I mean there is literally no sign or any indication where the bar is. We ended up just stumbling upon it, and it was a bit intimidating walking in because we did not know what exactly to expect - but I am so happy we gave it a shot! The atmosphere was definitely that of an upscale cocktail bar - dim lighting and a long list of delicious cocktails to choose from. They had (limited) outdoor seating but it was beautiful out back. We ended up sitting inside both nights, and even though it was pretty packed, the service was amazing. If you are looking for a bar for a romantic date night + tasty cocktails, this is the perfect place to stop by. 

As for restaurants, we got in pretty late Friday but Saturday we had one of our most favorite meals of all time at Talde on 7th Ave that offers Asian-American cuisine. We split crab fried rice and all I can say is wow. I have tried to look up multiple recipes to try and replicate it, but I already know it won't be the same. If you go there, you must try it! With my meal, I enjoyed a delicious watermelon margarita that was the icing on top. Seriously one of the best margaritas I have had with one of the best meals. 

Our Airbnb was perfectly located right by Prospect Park, where I was able to watch a baseball game, work out, and do a little mini photo shoot - seriously what more could I ask for?! One of the first places I ever visited in New York was Central Park, and I always find it amazing that such beautiful parks + greenery can be found in the middle of a city. Prospect Park definitely lived up to that expectation, whether people were getting a work out in, having a picnic, or just taking a stroll, the park had so much to offer. It even had a mini waterfall which I was just amazed over. 

Overall Brooklyn was a dream to me and if you ever get the chance to visit I highly suggest you do and visit the places I suggested. I am so excited to say Brooklyn trip number 2 is officially booked! We will be heading back mid-August and cannot wait to find all new places to try. We will be looking for new restaurants and bars, new photo shoot locations, and new cafes! I will also be taking suggestions so if anyone has any recommendations I am all ears. 
The "backyard" - absolute perfection
Brooklyn streets at golden hour
Watermelon Margarita at Talde
Obviously needed a fire escape photo shoot at our Airbnb 
Mini Prospect Park Waterfall
Right outside of Prospect Park
Talde Menu
Found the coolest tunnel with benches at Prospect Park
Thanks for Reading - Links Below!
Make sure to check out Airbnb for unique and affordable places to stay: https://www.airbnb.com/


Yellow Striped Pants - Forever 21: 

Polka Dot Shorts Forever21:

Seven Point Espresso Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sevenpointespresso/

Comments

Popular Posts