What Have I Been Listening To?

What I was Jammin' in June

June has officially passed us and we have now entered July... where is this summer going?! With that being said, I am constantly creating monthly Spotify playlists and looking for new music. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably realize I tend to post a song of the day on my story. 

Then the idea popped in my head and I immediately started feeling motivated again: A blog post with my top 10 jams of June. If you are a music lover like me, you may find this post beneficial when it comes to finding new tunes to listen to. I have a wide music taste and probably listen to at least one genre of music you enjoy. Check out my top 10 songs that got me through June!

#10: You're Not Missing Me - Chelsea Cutler 

This had me singin' as loud as I can in the car or helped me get through a killer workout. Her voice is unreal and I was so excited to have discovered her early June. A new fan who will continue to listen to the music she releases.

#9: Sunnyland - Mayday Parade

I first discovered Mayday Parade years & years ago, discovering them by listening to Kids in Love and Miserable at Best. To this day, at 22, I am so happy to say I still love the music they put out. Their new album came out more towards the end of June, but I listened to Sunnyland nonstop. It is a slower song that makes you feel a whole lot of somethin' - whatever that may be. 

#8: Redlights - Lydia ft. Lauren Ruth Ward

Another band I find myself a bit biased over because I have been a fan for so long, but this single they just released in late June is such a bop. I continue to be amazed by the talent everyone in Lydia has and will continue to be a fan for years. Hop on board now and give it a listen, because they are only getting better from here.

#7: As You Sleep - Something Corporate

The first song on my top 10 that is not a recent release... actually it is 15 years old. Something Corporate then turned into Jack's Mannequin which now is Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness. If you follow me basically anywhere, you know if I had to choose my all-time favorite artist ever, it would be Andrew McMahon. His talent has my jaw dropped every time I see him live and watching his energy while playing the piano never gets old. If I can convince you to see anyone live, it would be him. I would not steer you wrong, do it! Plus he still plays a lot of his old music at shows, so make sure to check out all his bands. 

#6: You Left In The Worst Way - Moose Blood

Let me start off by saying this song is only 2 minutes long. With that being said, I truly wish this song would be 10 minutes long. Moose Blood has made it's way to the top of my 'bands I want to see live' list. Their lyrics always make you feel happiness, heartache, nostalgia. I can guarantee each month at least one Moose Blood song will be on my playlist. Also: I promise the name is not intimidating! I did not know what to expect when I saw people tweeting about them years back, but deciding to listen to them after seeing so many people talk about them was the best decision I could have made. 

#5: From the Outside - Real Friends

This song made it's way close to #1 on my list simply because of the lyrics. Dealing with my own struggles, this song certainly speaks to me on a whole other level. All I can say is listen to the lyrics, and if you feel the same, know you are not alone. I have the utmost respect for Real Friends and being so open and honest about dealing with not being in a great mental state. 

#4: Drunk Me: Mitchell Tenpenny

FYI: This is a country song! I know country music is one of those genres that either people love or people absolutely hate. I grew up listening to country music, listening at such a young age in the car on the way to school, thanks to my mom for introducing me of course. So yes I love country music and therefore I love this song. I recently just discovered Mitchell Tenpenny and am already a huge fan. Drivin' around windows down listening to it gives me the best summertime feeling - which is why it made my top 5!

#3: Round Here: Counting Crows 

Another older song on my playlist, this one being 25 years old... absolutely insane to me. I went to go see the Counting Crows about two years ago and they opened with this song. Also, my parents have an adorable story about calling each other because they were both watching SNL and Counting Crows came on and played this song and instantly both fell in love with it. That was in 1994! A lot of sentimental meaning in this song for myself, but nonetheless, an amazing song with amazing lyrics. 

#2: Old Friends - Ben Rector 

I remember listening to this song and instantly getting chills. It is off Ben Rector's newest album that just came out late June. The lyrics bring tears to my eyes but also an instant smile, I love the concept of not being able to "make old friends." I cannot wait to be singin' the night away and seeing Ben Rector for the first time in September. I highly suggest seeing if he is near you and go to the show, his talent is admirable. 

#1: Give Yourself A Try - The 1975

Yes, I have been awaiting a new release by The 1975, and boy did they come through. If you happen to pass me while I am driving, you can probably hear me blaring this. If you pass me on a run, I can guarantee you I am listening to this. It makes me want to get up and dance all around, it makes me think about my self-worth and authenticity, it is just an amazing release and will constantly be a huge fan.

That is it, my top ten songs of June! I am going to be honest, that took me way longer to write and collect then I thought. I take music so seriously in my life, because it has healed me and helped me through so much, so I truly wanted to give feedback that may benefit you. I truly hope you may have discovered someone new or have a new favorite bop. 

Let me know if you enjoyed any of the songs, I am so excited to hear!

Comments

Popular Posts